This is the home page for our Literacy Bridge wiki. There are four parts to this home page:
- Recent News and Timely Links
- Useful Top Level Pages
- Advice about Wikis
- Recent Changes/Additions to this Site
- Wikidot's Standard Home Page Info
Recent News and Timely Links
Useful Top Level Pages
The following wiki pages are useful top level pages that have links to lots more useful stuff.
Internal Operations (Office/Logistics Related)
Program Development Related
Adding to or Editing this Wiki
- Each page has an "Edit" link at the bottom. Please use this to update any pages with missing info.
- If you want to make any major structural changes to a page, you might want to see what other folks think on the applicable mailing list. See our officetools page that lists our mailing lists. You could also look at the history (also a link at the bottom of each page) to see who started the page or who has been most actively working on it lately. Checking with that person before making a major change might be nice.
- But, adding new pages and adding/editing/updating info is generally welcome by all without asking.
Editing this Home Page
- Please feel free to add info to this page as well. However, since this is a home page, please try to keep in mind we can't get links to everything on one page. There's already a page for that: http://wiki.literacybridge.org/system:list-all-pages.
- If you want to volunteer to handle the formatting/structuring of this page, please contact Cliff, who is currently the only person responsible for updating the page (and he would love to be replaced). Future volunteers should update this line so that others know who to contact. Remember, small edits/additions are always welcome; major restructuring should be coordinated.
Adding new pages
- If you know of some info that should be easily accessible to everyone, just start the page yourself.
- You can do this by typing in the name of your page into the box to the left, or you can just point your browser to the address the page should have, such as http://wiki.literacybridge.org/mynewpage.
Recent Additions/Changes to the Wiki
The info below is all from the wikidot people. Some of it might be useful. Maybe we'll delete it one day.
If this is your first site
Then there are some things you need to know:
- You can configure all security and other settings online, using the Site Manager. When you invite other people to help build this site they don't have access to the Site Manager unless you make them administrators like yourself. Check out the Permissions section.
- Your Wikidot site has two menus, one at the side called 'nav:side', and one at the top called 'nav:top'. These are Wikidot pages, and you can edit them like any page.
- To edit a page, go to the page and click the Edit button. You can change everything in the main area of your page. The Wikidot language is easy to learn but powerful.
- You can attach images and other files to any page, then display them and link to them in the page.
- Every Wikidot page has a history of edits, and you can undo anything. So feel secure, and experiment.
- You can choose different themes in the Site Manager, and you can write your own theme if you know CSS.
- To start a forum on your site, see the Site Manager » Forum.
- The license for this Wikidot site has been set to Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. If you want to change this, use the Site Manager.
- If you want to learn more, make sure you visit the Documentation section at www.wikidot.com
If you've already created other sites
Then we don't need to tell you how addictive Wikidot is. But maybe it's worth reminding you of some of the advanced Wikidot features:
- You can run your Wikidot site on its own web domain name.
- You can use Google Analytics to measure traffic going to your site.
- Giving away free wikis is not enough for us — we are also offering you a way to earn money from your wiki using our AdSense implementation.
We hope you enjoy using Wikidot as much as we do. If you want to discuss Wikidot, there's an active community of Wikidot enthusiasts where you can share tips and ideas.